Start Your Career Here
“New York Pilates is about community and creating a space where people feel at home, leave their day behind and get into their bodies” – Heather Andersen, Founder & Owner
New York Pilates is a contemporary, music-driven ass-kicking Pilates studio that is focused on sculpting bodies. Each month, approximately 12,000 people visit our studios in search of the best pilates classes in the most beautiful setting. NYP, founded in 2013, is proudly independently owned and operated by wife and husband Heather Andersen and Brion Isaacs. Together they’ve created a new wave of Pilates lovers by designing beautiful spaces for the classically inspired workout, curating a culture of positivity, and playing fresh tracks. The company continues to double in size year over year, growing studio locations, product offerings, and devoted NYP clients.
New York Pilates offers diverse employment opportunities with flexible hours and a complimentary NYP membership. For our full-time employees, we offer traditional employment benefits including health care, paid vacation, and 401K.
Love New York Pilates? Join our team!
GRAPHIC DESIGNER + VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS
We’re looking for a graphic designer whose style fits our brand and skills fit our needs. This person will be responsible for driving content and pushing awareness of the brand. This person is an experienced creative who is skilled at creating kickass content. When applying, please include a link to a portfolio or samples of relevant work.
Graphic Design + Visual Communications
– Design of assets including: illustrations, gifs, email templates, social media graphics, presentations, decks, signage, digital advertisements
– Print materials including: signage, packaging, branding collateral, in-store marketing materials
– Photo-editing and retouching of spaces, humans, for mockups or press
– Create print-ready files and coordinate with vendors for print production
Software Skills: Adobe CC: specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Sketch, iPhone editing apps
Pluses: MailChimp, After Effects and video editing is a plus, SketchUp, Latergram, Asset Rights and usage.
This position can function remotely.
NYP is looking to build our network of freelance designers. We’re looking for creatives whose style fits our brand and skills fit our needs. When applying, please specify which of the positions below you’re applying for. Please also include a link to a portfolio or any relevant samples of your work. These positions will function remotely.
1. Video Graphics/ VFX
– Create stylized, real-time VFX using UE4, and other digital content creation tools for OTT and social media video footage
– A portfolio showcasing high-quality effects
– The ability to view visual references of an effect, deconstruct it and subsequently re-create it in engine is essential
– Strong knowledge of particle systems, cloth simulation, physics and lighting
2. Merch Designer
– Conceptualize and create print-ready files and coordinate with vendors for print production
– Create production briefs, to-size print-ready files for merchandise production, communicating with vendors to ensure quality and creative vision is executed
– Experience working in merchandise production is a must. Should be familiar and comfortable with scaling and grading for size runs.
Software Skills: Adobe CC: specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
3. Web Designer
– Design the look and feel of websites and training manuals, including layouts, color, typefaces, etc.
– Wireframing, functionality, and site navigation
– Produce items needed for web including graphics, animations icons, banners, etc.
– Ability to communicate with developers to see web projects to completion
– Good understanding of the constraints and capabilities of web technologies
– Understanding of trends in web design and the digital space with the ability to discern applicable relevancies to our brand
Software Skills: Adobe CC: specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Sketch, iPhone editing apps, Knowledge of WordPress + Visual Composer, HTML + CSS preferred
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for driving content and pushing awareness of the brand. This person is an experienced and creative producer, photographer, and writer who is skilled at creating kickass content.
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for driving content and pushing awareness of the brand. This person is an experienced and creative producer, photographer, and writer who is skilled at creating kickass content. They are fast, flexible and able to pitch and develop ideas for website and social media content. Successful candidates have a proven track record of delivering bold content. This person will also assist in copywriting all our digital communications, including website, invites, Instagram stories, and third party online platforms such as Mind Body.
Reporting Structure: This person will sit on the creative team under Creative Director, Brion Isaacs.
When applying, please include samples of writing and content.
- Regularly write, shoot, and produce content for website, Pilatzine, emails, and other digital platforms
- Enhance presentation of written content through the use of photos, videos, and other multimedia content
- Work with Marketing Manager & Creative Director to create content in line with digital marketing calendar
- Shoot instagram footage
- Track growth metrics toward growth goals across all social platforms
- Coordinate, manage, proofread and copywrite for all communications projects including blog posts, invites, social media, Mind Body, ClassPass, and other booking platforms
- Must be able to shoot, edit, write, and create material themselves.
- Ability to manage multiple project initiatives and effectively communicate with cross-functional departments
- 4-5+ years’ experience in similar position
- Excellent communication skills required, written and verbal.
- Great time management skills and sense of urgency to hit deadlines
- Experience with mechanical camera, technical ability to execute and develop lighting set-ups for photo and video
The eCommerce Manager will be responsible for all aspects of our eCommerce business.
The eCommerce Manager will be responsible for all aspects of our eCommerce business. The ideal candidate should have strong relationship-building, customer service, and communication skills. They should be able to work cross-departmentally to execute on production and management of e-commerce. This position requires strong organization and attention to detail.
Reporting Structure: This position will sit on the Marketing Team reporting to the Brand Manager.
- Manage post-production of e-commerce: update inventory, prep merchandise,
- Maintain and follow up on timely tasks and action calendar for production
- Communicate product specifics to studio teams on a weekly and monthly basis: product knowledge, product delivery details, visual merchandising guidelines, etc.
- Coordinate eCommerce photo assets: Sample arrival, photo shoot schedule, assets and product details uploaded into system
- Identify, track and resolve technical issues within our platform as well as propose new digital initiatives while partnering with creative team in supporting resolution of issues related to product uploads, content management, promotions, pricing, orders, etc
- Special projects as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple project initiatives and effectively communicate with cross-functional departments
- 3+ years’ experience in similar position (eCommerce, merchandise production, etc.)
- Must be organized, dependable, cooperative, and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills: face-to-face, over the phone, and electronic communication
- Knowledge of Slack, Google Drive, and Word-Press preferred
ONLINE INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
NYP Instructor Training was pioneered to develop the most exceptional Pilates talent. Our highly-selective program features a completely digital learning experience with innovative learning techniques to maximize efficiency, created by adult learning experts and founder Heather Andersen herself.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Director of Operations of Online Instructor Training (IT) will develop and implement a strategic plan for scaling the operational capacity of our IT program. This person will ensure we have the proper operational controls and people systems in place as we expand. They will drive results by overseeing the IT team and serving as liaison to keep all departments aligned on company objectives. This includes successful project management as well as running day-to-day operations in order to allow the founders to focus on big picture expansion, thought leadership, and evangelizing the vision.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in research & development; scaling growth; managing teams and developing talent. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with operational experience and a proven track record of change management and problem-solving to join a growing, progressive organization.
This position will report directly into the founders.
Strategic Business Operations
- Define the strategy & business objectives for the IT program: How should the department operate? What’s our strategy? How many students are needed for each session?
- Develop systems and policies to run IT program (backend, student-facing, administrative, etc.)
- Oversee the day-to-day operations with accountability for centralized operations, training and development, and systems implementation
- Plans logistical aspects of operations, such as event/session planning, open houses and space/classroom planning.
- Plans and reports on budgets for events and services to founders for approval.
- Collaborate with founders to prepare & administer standard IT curriculum, delegating responsibilities to IT team
- Ensure program details are communicated and executed on a timely manner across all teams
- Provide thought leadership and suggest improvements and innovations
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping owners informed of all critical issues
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement by creating systems of accountability to ensure NYP executes on business initiatives
- Define goals of and manage IT Marketing Manager + IT Manager
- BA/BS degree in Business required, Masters degree a plus
- 5+ years in Director of Operations role or equivalent position
- Held operational leadership position in multiple companies
- Be proactive and forward-thinking
- Proven track record of change management and problem-solving, driving company growth, managing teams and developing talent.
- Love collaborating with people (and Pilates!)
STUDENT SERVICES MANAGER
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping people succeed—and committed to going above and beyond to facilitate learning. Serve as the administrative and operational face of our IT program to all program students.
This person will be responsible for ensuring the online program is delivered in an efficient manner. They will be managing upwards of hundreds of students at a time and liaising between multiple departments in order to push forward program objectives. The ideal candidate is highly organized, charismatic, and passionate about helping people succeed. This is a unique opportunity to experience our Instructor Training program yourself through complimentary enrollment!
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations of Instructor Training.
Responsible for day-to-day operations of multiple sessions of IT (potentially hundreds of students):
- Onboard students into online platforms
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise and ensure software systems are functioning properly at all times.
- Scheduling students and staff
- Manage payment plans of students.
- Identify, design, and advance new initiatives including integration and implementation of new technologies and support the proper use of current technologies
- Become an expert on learning & understanding the entire syllabus.
- Provide excellent customer service to students by responding to their questions in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Keep a pulse check on students and the program, reporting back up to the Director of Operations.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training/course presentations by observing student performance and student application of techniques/skills
- Hire and develop Instructor Training staff including Marketing Manager
Note: A Pilates certification or fitness instruction experience is not required for this position.
- Relevant management experience
- Client services experience
- Extremely organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Loves Pilates and helping people succeed
- Self-starter attitude
- Plus: experience facilitating a training program or course.
Manage admissions into our highly-selective program designed to develop the most exceptional Pilates talent.
We’re looking for an Admissions Coordinator for our online Instructor Training with a proven record in client services and student recruitment to help us bring our IT program to more people than ever before. This person’s ultimate goal is to get the right people into the program. They will directly have a hand in choosing students accepted into the program. They should be able to work cross-departmentally to execute on project development and completion.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations of Online Instructor Training.
- Manage Instructor Training Program webpage, FAQ, and online applications.
- Recruit candidates and review admissions videos and applications for the IT program.
- Lead decisions on accepted students based on a set of criteria.
- Once accepted into the program, ensure students enroll.
- Achieve or exceed sales targets.
- Collaborate with the team in design and execution of scholarship programs.
- Serve as primary contact for all applicants and accepted students.
- Hold virtual info sessions for upcoming students.
- Collaborate with the IT team on special events for upcoming IT students & applicants.
- Proven work experience in a customer service or relationship management role
- Excellent communication skills required, written and verbal.
- Must be highly organized and capable of tracking numerous projects
The Studio Manager will be responsible for driving revenue, managing daily studio operations, and cultivating a positive environment to bring the brand vision of New York Pilates to life.
The Studio Manager will be responsible for driving revenue, managing daily studio operations, and cultivating a positive environment to bring the brand vision of New York Pilates to life. They will manage the team of studio reps’ and studio caretakers’ overall performance and help to build a world class hospitality atmosphere. The Studio Manager will develop and implement plans to maximize sales that exceed goals and objectives.
This is a full time position that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Reporting Structure: The Studio Manager will report directly to the General Manager
Hospitality & Service
- Create upscale atmosphere that is hospitality driven and focused on client satisfaction
- Create and implement suggestive selling strategies that are aligned with hospitality goals
- Highly focus on delivering exceptional student experiences that are engaging, efficient and personalized
- Increase top line revenue that exceeds company goals by driving client attendance and retention
- Responsible for financial performance of studio; works closely with GM and Finance Department to impact P&L.
- Identify business opportunity areas in individual studio and market
- Collaborate with Brand Department to execute strategies that increase client attendance such as targeting outreach, health fairs, etc
Class Schedule Programming
- Analyze class performance on a weekly basis and partner with Instructor Manager to strategize around optimization of the schedule. Recommend strategic changes to General Manager
- Daily management of MindBody studio specific schedules and ensure accuracy
- Take 2-3 classes per week to gain necessary knowledge of class types and instructors
Operations & Facilities
- Active Manager on Duty managing all aspects of day-to-day studio operations and maintaining operating budgets
- Master and successfully execute all studio procedures for opening, closing and retail operations
- Maintain studios ambiance through merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Identify and respond to facility, maintenance and technology issues
- Ability to communicate needs effectively through digital platforms
Leadership & Talent Development
- Recruit, hire and promote: continuous talent and succession planning to maintain a strong team
- Inspire & Motivate: Inspire teams through creativity, empathy and empowerment tailoring communication and motivation to each team member
- Leadership & Feedback: Inspire independence and studio ownership to drive revenue by integrating observations and key performance metrics to guide teams in making positive business impacting decisions
- Collaboration: Partner with Instructor Manager to coach and manage instructor talent
- Development: Develop ASM, Studio Rep and Studio Caretakers. Ensure training plans are in place and followup is productive, transparent and kind
- Responsible for weekly retail sell through performance, receiving product, strong visual execution and conducting monthly inventory audits
- Available for morning and evening shifts, including weekends and holidays
- 3+ years in studio management or leadership position in fitness, retail, or hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Embody an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and a passion for continuous evolution
- Be proactive and forward-thinking
- Love interacting with people (and pilates!)
- Competitive Salary + bonus
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation & sick time
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Pilates membership!
- Tuition assistance
- Retail discount
As a Studio you are the support system helping to maintain the foundation of the company. When our studios are strong, our company is strong. You can work mornings, evenings, or weekends and are a natural at connecting with people.
Our Studio Representatives are vital members of our growing company. They set the tone for the entire client experience by serving as the first line of contact for our clients & providing first class customer service. They create and maintain a welcoming, cultivated environment by successfully accomplishing studio procedures. They are charismatic, communicative, and proactive in building strong relationships within the New York Pilates community.
Reporting Structure: Studio Representatives report into the Studio Director Scheduling: Weekdays early mornings as early as 5:30AM and evening shifts ending as late as 10 PM, Mid day shifts on Weekends. Please have at least 3 shift availability to apply.
● Deliver best in class customer service
● Utilize Mind Body to ensure check-ins run smoothly and book clients for future sessions
● Have knowledge of and recommend NYP classes, instructors, workshops and retreats
● Respond to online client inquiries in a timely manner
● Master and successfully execute all studio procedures for opening, closing and retail operations
● Maintains studios’ ambiance to merchandising & cleanliness standards.
● Take responsibility for the presentation and appearance of the reception area.
● Sell membership’s class packages, and private classes in studio and online
● Are knowledgeable of our specials and membership packages as well as retail offerings
● Must meet our schedule requirements of 3 shift minimum
● Flexibility in schedule
● High School degree or equivalent required
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Strong attention to detail
● Outstanding verbal + written communication skills
● Sense of urgency and problem-solving attitude
● Able to stand for entire work shift
● Climb ladders as needed Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 30 pounds, as needed
● Sales experience preferred; background in hospitality or retail preferred
● Love interacting with people (and pilates!)
● Complimentary Pilates membership!
● Paid sick time
● 401k plan
● Commuter benefits
● Retail discount
As an NYP Instructor, you lead group reformer classes through individualized attention and creative, contemporary programming. You’re an expert in teaching a calorie-torching workout all while being safe by preventing and accommodating student injuries. You are obsessed with helping students sweat, shake, and sculpt their bodies to achieve their best selves.
Our certified Pilates Instructors lead group reformer classes through individualized attention and creative, contemporary programming. They are experts in teaching a calorie-torching workout all while being safe by preventing and accommodating student injuries. They are obsessed with helping students sweat, shake, and sculpt their bodies to achieve their best selves. They are proud representatives of the New York Pilates brand. They’re edgy, supportive, charismatic, hands-on, committed and inspiring. Our instructors go through a multi-step vetting process and once hired, go through a thorough, supportive on boarding process that coaches every new instructor on how to be their best every day.
Reporting Structure: Instructor report into the Instructor Manager and Studio Directorof their prospective studio
Schedule: Group classes are scheduled in 4-5 hour shifts, morning and evening blocks. Part time and full time, weekday and weekend hours available.
- Program & lead group classes and privates.
- Create/collaborate new programming ideas, following NYP programming guidelines
- Manage Private Student Schedule (PSS) through MBO.
- Meet Class Fill Rate Requirements and other targets.
- Foster positive internal and external class reviews.
- Be a contributing Brand Representative: excellent and courteous communication, personify “Always Get Dressed” code
- Embody New York Pilate’s values of communication, collaboration, and excellence.
- Know and educate our students on our product, our classes, instructors, workshops and retreats.
- Build friendships and value our students as human beings: be polite and welcoming to everyone; Familiarize yourself with the roster before each class.
- Contribute to team & company meetings and events.
- Contribute to a clean and organized environment.
● Full Pilates Apparatus Certification required, 500 hours preferred
● Familiarity with Balanced Body equipment preferred
● Fun, kindness, positivity and self-confidence are invaluable
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: ASAP
As a part of the New York Pilates Studio Caretaker team, you are an essential part of the day to day operations of the Studios. You are hardworking, detail oriented, and take pride in your work. You strive to create a clean and inviting atmosphere and maintain the integrity of the machines and spaces. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and resolve issues before they arise.
As a part of the New York Pilates Studio Caretaker team, you are an essential part of the day to day operations of the Studios. You are hardworking, detail oriented, and take pride in your work. You strive to create a clean and inviting atmosphere and maintain the integrity of the machines and spaces. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and resolve issues before they arise. You will be directly overseen by the Assistant General Manager.
● Studio and Office cleaning of common areas, lobby, bathrooms, dressing rooms, and studio spaces including floors, windows, mirrors, trash, recycling, closets, and storage.
● Maintain an organized, functional, and clean workspace.
● Perform small maintenance fixes in studio including tasks such as replacing light bulbs.
● Support and maintain organizational systems for the studios.
● Maintain and service Pilates Equipment, as needed. You will be trained in machine maintenance.
● Maintain Studio plants and watering schedule.
● Maintain Studio Supply inventory and report low items as needed.
● Identify difficulties, problem solve, and provide and implement solutions within the workspace of a rapidly growing and evolving company.
● High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Some college experience highly preferred.
● Attention to detail and excellent/thorough cleaning skills.
● Effective written and verbal communication skills and the willingness to communicate using technology.
● High level of attention to detail and follow-through.
● Ability to take direction and adjust to changing standards.
● Willingness to adapt and thrive in a changing environment.
● Passionate, Personable and Friendly, able to provide great customer service.
● Kindness, positivity and self-confidence are invaluable.
● Flexible availability to support early morning / midday / late night shifts outside of a traditional schedule following special events, as needed.
● Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 30lbs.
●Minimum 6+ months recent relevant experience in customer support
● Complimentary Pilates Membership!
JOIN TEAM NYP!
New York Pilates is always looking for passionate and professional Instructors and staff.
We look forward to reviewing your application and meeting you!